Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Strapped



The above picture shows a small portion of the belting materials from a long gone Brooklyn belt manufacturer that my studio mates and I were lucky enough to go into and reclaim what we thought we could reuse. It was packed floor to ceiling of wonderful crazy stuff: neon patent leather perforated woven strapping anyone? Ok, I exaggerate but not by much.



(Yep, that's clear plastic zodiac strapping)

Two van loads and a car full later, piles of vinyl, patent, ribbon, woven strapping supplies are piled in our common work area. I believe the remaining went to Materials for the Arts. (MFTA redistributes materials to artists, non profits, schools and students.)



Oh, the possibilities! Stay tuned for the prototypes...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the article....it was quite useful for me to wrap up things quickly and effectively!
Woven Polyester Strapping