Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Flurries, Inspiration and a Library Card



Been holding out posting about the beautiful Brooklyn holiday cards by moontree letterpress until we were appropriately close to the holidays. My son is adamant that we not speak of Christmas until after Thanksgiving. And we have to have an observe a small pause - no trimming the tree on Thanksgiving night for us. So, yesterdays brief snow flurry was just the excuse I needed to bring Rebecca's work to your attention and still be respectful of the 'other' holiday.

While I was visiting her blog, I saw the first "Design by the Book" video. Its a series of videos by the New York Public Library in collaboration with Design*Sponge which brings a small group of Brooklyn designers to look for creative inspiration at the library.



I remember going to the NYPL branch across the street from the main branch when I was a student a Pratt. They had a image room - thousands (?) of manila folders with images tucked inside, sorted alphabetically by subject ... and a xerox machine. Pre digital, baby. Thankfully they have kept with the digital age and now have digital image collection.

I am looking forward to seeing these artists go through the creative process and to see what hatches.

No comments: