Friday, January 30, 2009

Ommmmm


I started the New Year with several resolutions and one of them was to dust off my gym pass and get back in shape. I know it's only 30 days into the New Year, but I must pat myself on the back for my continued efforts.

Now I didn't go hog wild any buy new sneakers or workout clothes, I'm one for using what you have (or what your daughter has that you can fit into). But now that I have created a healthy habit, I feel like celebrating my efforts with a bit of a reward that will keep my motivation going through February.

If you're looking for a little workout reward for keeping your word and making it to the gym more times in January then you did all last year, here's a sustainable and beautiful way to do just that: Brooklynite designer Jill Malek and Yogamatic.com partner up for new eco-friendly designer yoga mats.
The Yogamatic yoga mat is a completely degradable product that can be disposed of without harm to the environment. Also, because it cannot absorb moisture, bacteria is not stored.The inks used on the mats are all water-based and solvent free.

My personal favorite is the Maidenhair (detail image above) available here.

No comments: