Friday, October 24, 2008

Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance


This was not my only view as we sped over the Brooklyn Bridge on the 'scooter-cycle' yesterday but I thought it would make a cool picture. Look closely, it's the Brooklyn Bridge reflected in my husbands helmet. I call it a scooter-cycle, because it looks like a scooter but is got 250 cc's and can zip along like a motorcycle. When he hits 60 mph I give him the slowdown squeeze.

Focusing only on the helmet while we rode for a while reminded me the book Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance and particularly of the sweet of a moment at the end of book. It's the part when the son stands up a little bit on the foot pegs while he and his father are driving on a motorcycle and he's ohhing and ahhing, because for the first time during his 17 day trip across the States he seeing beyond his father's back.

Have a great weekend and make sure you're taking the opportunity to look beyond.

No comments: