Friday, November 9, 2007

With a Little Help From My Friends


Introductions first: This is Alex. He is a 2 1/2 yr old cock-a-poo (cocker spaniel/poodle mix). We adopted him and no-good-cute-as-can-be brother, Beau, when they were 8 months old. We were looking for one but they were a "two-for" and are truly inseparable.

I cut all of the sails used for my products by hand. I like personally making sure that I am getting the most out of every sail. Trying to squeeze use out of every inch of material. I'm also looking to place a little character (grommet, sail seam) within the pieces I cut when ever possible.

Laying a sail out on the floor is like a magnet for pets. Instantly they rush to check it out. 'What's this? What's under? Oh, this is fun to run on. Can you find me if I tunnel under it? The edge is nice to bite' Eventually they settle and take on the roll of 'sail weights'. Thanks guys, I can work reassured that I am covered should a sudden gust of wind blow through. Now could you move a little to the side...I have to work here.

**NOTE: All sail pieces are cleaned prior to sewing

No comments: