Monday, November 16, 2009

WIP - Sail Messenger Bags




Just completed another batch of recycled sail messenger bags. Couldn't resist taking a few outside today to photograph. It's a beautiful day in Brooklyn -just look at that sparkly water!

I love the sail seam stitching that's an original feature of the sail these bags were cut from. It's got a double row of olive zig zag stitching and a two thin red stripes down the center. These bags a lined with chocolate colored organic cotton canvas. I'm loving this combination and really tried to emphasize it on these bags.

This batch (and more!) will come with me to Brooklyn Flea's Gifted Market where I'll be selling from Nov 27-29 and Dec 2-6. Gifted will be located indoors (yeah!) at the old Tower Records Annex building at 20 E 4th Street and promises to be a fantastic' market. Can't make it there? Additional upcycled sail messenger bags are listed in my Etsy shop.

1 comment:

reiter8 said...

Sadly, such a small percentage of EV bags are actually made from recycled sails. I much prefer Reiter8 recycled sail bags which are made with 100% recycled sails and lined with organic cotton canvas - very stylish and earth friendly.