Friday, August 21, 2009

Recycled Sail Christmas Stockings

I've had a custom request for a pair of upcycled sail Christmas stockings and didn't want to send them off with out proper documentation. I was trying to wrap my head around feeling festive for Christmas and it was a little tough since the heat index was something like 126 degrees in my non air-conditioned home yesterday - and again today, thank you very much!

So here they are:




I know that last photo needs poinsettias around the base of the fireplace. They are a little scarce in Brooklyn in late August.

I'm pleased with how the stockings came out: sturdy, clean and bright. Ready and waiting for Santa ... only 125 days to go! (But don't get me wrong - I LOVE people who plan ahead.) I will be making more stockings like these (in two sizes) and they will be for sale online by late September. I'll keep you posted. If you can't wait and want to reserve, drop me an email.

And now we return to your regularly scheduled summer...

4 comments:

s. pearce feldman said...

i LOVE these! Please keep us updated!

reiter8 said...

Will do!

missfine said...

Are these for sale yet?? I want some!! Such a great idea.

reiter8 said...

Thank You!
They will be available soon ...
Have a handful made that I need to photograph. I will post when they are available.